The aim of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen’s genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humour, wit and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove. This award was created by the blogging team of Jane Austen Today to acknowledge superior writing over the Internet and promote Jane Austen’s brilliance.
Here are my nominees:
1. At My Soiree. This blog is indeed sophisticated, intelligent and interesting. One of the few bloggers who write as if their readers were educated and thoughtful.
2. Emm in London. Fabulous text and images from modern and historical London, arguably the most exciting city on earth.
3. Your Brisbane: Past and Present. The foto fanatic has found historical material about Brisbane that I would have thought was lost for all time. Super duper blog.
4. ThinkShop. A surprise and pleasure - long, thoughtful articles on history, politics and literature, just about my favourite mixture of disciplines.
5. Edwardian Promenade. Evangeline is covering topics that are becoming more and more interesting to my reading. And she covers them in depth.
6. The Textile Blog. The posts are long, detailed and a total pleasure to read. If I was putting my favourites in order, I would put this one near the top.
7. The Victorian Era. Great topics and lots of informative text and images. Despite my years studying renaissance and early modern history, the Victorian and Edwards blogs I have nominated have changed my focus entirely. What joy!
7. History and traditions of England. I couldn't leave out a blog that finds _my_ all-time favourite historical questions and writes them up beautifully. And the images are always spot on.
Recipients, please claim your award by copying the HTML code of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award badge, posting it on your blog, listing the name of the person who nominated you, and linking to their blog. Then nominate seven (7) other blogs that you feel meet or exceed the standards set forth. Nominees may place the Excessively Diverting badge in their side bar and enjoy the appreciation of their fellow blogger for recognition of their talent.
Arthur Bowen Davies: Inconsistent Modernist
18 minutes ago